ADOPTION FEE & INCLUSIONS
Our adoption donation fee is $300.00* (payable by cash or check made payable to Mutt Madd-ness). Of course, we always appreciate and can utilize any additional donations.
About or adoption-donation fee:
We are fortunate to have many healthy pups, but we also have many that require that extra touch – dogs that acquire parvo, have orthopedic issues, birthing mothers needing extra assistance, etc. If we are lucky enough to have a little left over because one of our pups only required the basics – the remaining is applied to those that were less fortunate. So, you can think of your donation as doing double the good — adopting a lifetime friend and saving another!
Most shelter dogs have a rough start on life and in order to get them healthy and on a level playing field, Mutt Madd-ness takes an extra precautionary step and provides preventative treatment to all our newly rescued pups. Our adoption fee includes all vetting up to point of adoption plus some additional items:
- On intake dogs are provided preventative and regular treatment for common health issues found in shelter dogs such as fleas, worms, mange or skin issues, infections, coughs, etc.
- Multiple de-worming
- Bordetella “Kennel Cough” Intra-nasal Vaccine
- Vaccinations (applicable to age – DHPP, DHLPP, Rabies-administered by vet)
- Any special medical / surgical / therapy needs during their fostering
- Ongoing medications and treatment if adopted under advisement of medical issue/concern*
- Spay or neuter with our rescue vets
- Micro-chip (If not spayed/neutered done at the same time – if already spayed/neutered done prior to adoption)
- Adult dogs receive monthly Heartgard (heartworm preventative) and Advantix (flea & tick preventative); puppies when age appropriate
- Baths and nail clipping
- Adoption packet with contract and medical history
- Collar & Mutt Madd-ness I.D. tag
- Nurturing by fosters (high quality food, water, potty clean up, bedding and toys and lots of hugs & kisses) right up until home delivery!
* Mutt Madd-ness also covers some specific treatments post-adoption, e.g., heartworm treatment (protocol as prescribed by our rescue vet).